At Planet A Foods, we want to revolutionize the food industry to protect the planet we love. We believe that creating better food ingredients, done by perfecting centuries-old fermentation technology, leads to healthier alternatives for us all and can save up to 500 Mt of CO2 per year.
Our first product? Yummy chocolate! We created the world’s first 100% cocoa-free chocolate called Nocoa. Our Nocoa tastes amazing with a solid snap and smooth melt as well as roasty notes and a subtle sweetness. In addition it is completely natural, gluten-free, vegan and made with only seven ingredients. Nocoa doesn’t only deliver on taste and naturalness. It is also kind to the planet with a breathtaking low carbon and water footprint, plus a complete mitigation of deforestation and child slavery!
On our journey to protect our Planet A, we are looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) who will be responsible for the whole value chain from raw material sourcing over procurement, quality management, production, logistics and distribution. Your main focus will be the industrialization of Nocoa.
You will be one of the early employees, having an outsized impact, shaping the company through your efforts and industry expertise. You will be core to friendly revolutionizing the chocolate industry with us.
Your tasks at Planet A Foods:
- Ensure that we can produce Nocoa in vast amounts at competitive price points.
- Build up a team for supply chain, procurement, production, logistics, quality and distribution.
- Lead the scale up of Nocoa in our plant in Pilsen and satisfy customer demand in time.
- Take responsibility for the unit economics of our Nocoa from raw materials to OPEX.
- Ensure that we procure our raw materials at competitive prices and implement a scalable stock and inventory management as well as production management system.
- Build up a scalable quality management system to ensure that we deliver upon specifications at any time and comply with relevant certifications.
- Build up and manage the shopfloor production team in Pilsen.
- Build up logistics to distribute Nocoa to our clients in continuously high quality at low costs.
- Define the CAPEX strategy and ensure that we produce at competitive price points in the future. Lead the further development of our production system.
How we hire at Planet A Foods
Planet A Foods is committed to pursuing our values throughout our business.
In the realm of recruitment and hiring, this means that we are not only an Equal Opportunity Employer, but also proactive in embedding fairness and equity into an inclusive recruitment and hiring process:
- We value the knowledge, expertise, and skills that individuals bring based on their identities, life experiences, and backgrounds. We want people to bring their full selves to work and as a global company, we want to reflect the world. Our success relies on talented individuals who share our passion bringing innovation and insights that stem from their different perspectives to help us work as one team to accomplish ambitious global strategy goals.
- Our recruitment is inclusive. We recruit top talent that reflect the diversity of the world and global marketplace we inhabit. We conduct deliberate and purposeful recruitment that brings applicants to Planet A Foods that represent a broad range of identities, life experiences, backgrounds, and skill sets.
- Our hiring process is transparent and consistent. We have high standards for ensuring a clear process is used consistently with every candidate. There are no side doors for bringing in people. We adhere to a hiring protocol that includes and recognizes differences rather than rule them out.
- We recognize that one of the dynamics of meaningful inclusion is seeing that all people can succeed in our workplace. We know representation matters and that our values are not something we simply talk about, it’s something we work toward. It’s something we do. Our values must show up in who works on the Planet A Foods team, at every level.
We share a great vision that can only be achieved as a team. We prefer enabling others to succeed instead of petting our egos.
We keep our eyes, hearts, and minds open, curious to explore, improve and create new realities beyond the ordinary.
We aim at building a better world. Science is at our hearts, and full of passion we progress on our journey.
Just do it
We rather take a lousy first step than standing still or losing ourselves in discussions. Smart words are worth nothing if they are not accompanied by smart actions.
Our hierarchy is flat and communication direct, which means that we operate and learn fast, as a team. In addition to a competitive salary you can expect the following:
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that we are dedicated to achieving. Planet A Foods is built around the idea that everyone should be able to enjoy just, circular and waste-free food. To that end, we create a family of foods by upcycling clean (local/cruelty-free) ingredients with state-of-the-art biotechnology and flavor science.
Exciting challenges lie ahead — Join us on our mission!